An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Military Supporter Contest Winner

First, I want to thank everyone who entered the Military Supporter Contest I hosted for the The Bloggy Giveaways Carnival. It was a lot of fun and I definitely plan on participating again.

Lots of troops and their family members find this blog and I think they will be heartened to read your words of support. It is nice to hear from even a handful of the hundreds of thousands of Americans who support our troops, regardless of their personal political opinions.

I'll be mailing the book and bracelet this week and I've sent out the donation in honor of our winner, Christine, who said:
I want to say a big thank you! to all the troops who are serving our country and to my husband who is on deployment now also. Thank you so much!
Christine told me her husband will be home very soon, so please keep him and all of our soldiers in your thoughts and prayers.

Even if you didn't win, you can still donate to the USO, and even make your donation in honor of someone: Support the USO. Show US troops America still cares. Give what you can today!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home