An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Word About OPSEC

PLEASE be careful when sharing information--especially names, unit numbers, troop movements, and dates.

We had a near miss of a huge OPSEC violation that was luckily caught in time. I am not going to "name names" but suffice it to say it is the same individual who has witheld perfectly non-OPSEC information unecessarily and now almost put out some sensitive information. I will just clarify it was not a civilian or soldier at the company level and leave it at that.

I don't know for sure that this is true--but I trust the source.

Anyway...loose lips sink ships. When in doubt, keep your mouth shut. Better in the dark than to take the risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home