An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!!!

Today I am hosting the Battery Social and my house to give our FRG leader a break and also because we are planing to honor her.

I went out yesterday and got charcoal and was planning on a BBQ.

Now it is raining. Just figures...we've had perfect weather for our last few socials but when I'm trying to host one, it rains.

That wouldn't be so bad, but some of the ladies have kids that are at that highly energetic but uncoordinated age--when you basically want to run them around in the yard until they pass out and go to sleep. I'm afraid I don't really have the place set up for them indoors. I may try to move a VCR or DVD player into the guest bedroom so the kids can watch that for a little while.

I don't really know who is going to show up though--mom's with older kids, younger kids, or babies.

Well, I hope the rain stops and it is just a nice cool evening. Cross your fingers for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home