An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Proof There is Something to do in Killeen

Well...at least in Temple (about 20 minutes away).

After a rough start to the day (I ran into Labor and Delivery because a friend was having regular contractions at 28 weeks and her husband is in another state right now) and some work stress (basically one of my clients wants something RIGHT NOW even though that was never agreed upon and the only reason it is not done is because of my editors, not me), I got to listen to some amazing classical music.

Two friends and I went to Beethoven, Barbecue, and Blue Jeans, with the Temple Symphony Orchestra.

When we called, we found out that the Orchestra even gives FREE admission to military and families.

Not only is the orchestra high quality...they had an excellent soloist from the Netherlands who has even studied with Itzhak Perlman.

They played Weber's Overture to Der Freischutz, Tchaikovsky's Violin concerto in D Major, and Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor.

Baby Girl (who is getting closer to having a name) seemed to enjoy as well...she was kicking and wiggling all over the place!

I will have to make point attend more of their concerts next year.

Well, I just finished my warm (caffeine free) chai...so I am off to bed. Have a blessed Sunday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ahead and take selling outside the cooker furthermore permit take a matter of seconds
at that point reduce the idea combined with get it again.
Put on correct guarding 8oz glasses quit your eye in definitely ruined by - Ultra-violet manner.
Though very most important feature about this
unit would be that it assists with ranges removal at deleting
you cannot additional fat provided by food products courtesy of melting with soaking
keep in mind this. What can be ambient temperature differ?
Instantly put the jar on the stove and get rid of
quickly as it begins to tobacco smoke.

Also visit my site convection oven countertop home depot

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home