An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Friday, March 24, 2006

It's a...

GIRL!!! My baby will be a girl. Lavender, pink, butterflies, flowers, rainbows, and all the rest...

The nursery will still be gender-neutral (jungle themed) but I sense a lot of ruffles and lace in my future.

More info:

She is about as cooperative as her mother. I've seen her three times on the ultrasound before this (once when my friend snuck me in, once when my midwife was sick so I had a doctor instead, and then when I tripped over Loki). All three times she wiggled and stretched.

Now when we were finally trying to determine gender, check her vitals, and measure her, she decided it was nap time and curled into a ball.

The technician practically tipped me upside down to try to wake her up. My hand was starting to go numb.

Finally we hit the last checkpoint--a visual on all four chambers of the heart.

The technician said she had really full lips.

DH and I are thrilled.

I think Calypso (our Russian Blue prima donna) will be less thrilled to be supplanted as the baby girl of the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home