An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Busy Beaver

I killed my political blog a while ago because I did not feel I had anything unique to contribute to the discussion. My blogging time is better spend discussing what I live every day, rather than just ranting about world events. However, I commented on the Taliban at Yale issue because Yale is my alma mater. Little did I suspect I would get hundreds of hits in one day.

Despite loving this traffic, I now return you to my everyday life. If world events intersect again with my own little world, I will be sure to let you know.

Yesterday I got my blood sugar tested for gestational diabetes. I had to down some disgusting glucose drink in five minutes (tasted like a bad version of Sunkist) and then sit still for an hour. Then they drew my blood. I'll let you know how it goes.

Then I dropped off 3 dozen cookies at the Children's Advocacy Center for the kids who get services there. I had to drop them off back so as not to infringe on the anonymity of the families.

When I got back I worked and worked and worked!

Today I should have been doing a lot of work but instead I spent a lot of time planning a trip to Italy for me and my mom. My mom loves traveling but my father doesn't. Before I found out I was pregnant, I told my mom to pick anywhere in Europe and I would do the planning...so that should be fun!

Right now it is back to the work.

It is good to be busy. DH has been so occupied over there. If I wasn't so busy I would probably expend a lot of energy worrying about him.

More blogging tomorrow. If my blog is boring at the moment, add to the list of What not to say to a friend with a deployed spouse, check out some other Blue Stars, confess to Sandmonkey, or better yet--Support our Troops!

...but please come back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home