An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

My first tagging!

Dyzgoneby tagged me (although the link goes somewhere else right now ;-) ) ...a first for me!

4 Jobs You Have Had In Your Life

Soon I'll be Momma...but in the meantime:

1. Freelance Writer: That's what I am doing right now. I suppose I could list all my jobs as separate but where's the fun in that. I mostly write educational curricula and articles.

2. Teacher: That's what I was before DH decided to play GI Joe. I really enjoyed working with teenagers and teaching them writing, history, and art history, but this is a welcome break from administrators and insane parents. They cared more about high grades and paperwork than about teaching and learning.

3. Camp Counselor: One of the most fun jobs I have had. I could help kids to learn and have fun without all of the craziness of the school year.

4. Children's Party Entertainer: Definitely my strangest job. The agency would dress me up as Jasmine or Snow White or whatever and I would do face painting and balloon animals and story time. A lot of fun...except when the dads tried to hit on me.

I've also been a PR assistant for a not-for-profit, sold puzzle rings, temped for a summer, and probably a few other things I've blocked out.

4 Movies You Would Watch Over and Over

Tough one...I love SOOO many movies.

1. Dark Crystal: So magical! You can't beat the oldies. I just got it on DVD (a double with Labyrinth). I've heard they are coming out with a sequel; I'm a little worried.

2. Breakfast at Tiffany's: I shared this movie with DH when we started dating...and shhh...don't tell anyone...but he liked it, too!

3. Princess Bride: A chick flick that guys also love. DH and I play the rhyming game sometimes.

4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Funnier each and every time.

Runners up: Everything else by Monty Python, Elizabeth, Gone with the Wind, Tombstone, Red...the list goes on and on. I also love a good classic horror flick.

4 TV Shows You Love to Watch

When DH is not around, I keep the TV on for background noise, but I am usually writing or cleaning or something else, rather than actually watching the television.

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Not on anymore but I was shocked to discover how much I love this show. This has gotten me hooked on Angel and later Charmed, but Buffy is my fave.

2. Project Runway: They just crack me up and their designs are so fun. I've never made fashion a budget priority, but I like to look at it.

3. The Simpsons: Although I prefer the recent Family Guy over recent Simpsons, no animated show beats classic Simpsons.

4. The Daily Show: Even if Stewart is a liberal, he's still funny.

4 Places You Have Lived

1. NYC: The best city on earth.

2. The People's Republic of Cambridge: Not bad. Closes down too early.

3. New Haven: Will always hold a special place in my heart.

4. Killeen, TX: Where I am right now. I'm trying to be positive today so I will leave it at that.

4 Places You Have Been On Vacation

This one is tough, because DH and I LOVE traveling. I couldn't even rank my four favorites because they have all been so amazing.

1. Southeast Asia - Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bangkok: Just so different from anywhere I've been before. The religious culture and architecture was just so fascinating to me and the people were so friendly.

2. Eastern Europe - Prague, Budapest, and Transylvania: Other than beer, beer, and more beer...well, there is the fun cities, the awesome cathedrals, and the charming countryside

3. Inca Trail: The most challenging vacation I ever took...and I loved camping out with my husband in ancient ruins.

4. Andalusia in Spain: Beautiful blend of cultures, gorgeous architecture, and yummy tapas.


4 GREAT Places Where You Just Said, "Eh .."

1. Cancun: Just not my scene.

Other than that, I really just approach the world with a sense of wonder. I still occasionally pull over to watch the turkey vultures and hawks after a year and a half in Texas.

Nature, Art, Culture, People...it all just continues to amaze me.

4 Websites You Visit Daily

Embarrassing... but I actually spend too much wasted time on the 'net.

1. Various Comics and Political Cartoon Websites, see my sidebar for some.

2. Rantings of a Sandmonkey: One of the first blogs I ever started reading--still one of the best.

3. Various Celeb Gossip Blogs: Just to keep up with my friends' pop culture knowledge.

4. Household Six: The majority of my non-work related internet time.

4 Milblogs You Visit Daily

I don't know if I visit daily, since most of them don't update daily.

1. The Patriette: I love her perspective and am constantly amazed at how our lives sometimes seem to parallel.

2. Days Gone By: I guess I have to mention you...hahaha, just kidding.

3. Patiently Waiting...: Always leaves me comments, which I LOVE...

4. Blue Star Chronicles: An excellent summary of what is going on in our virtual milworld.

There are more...see my tags and my sidebar...

4 People to Tag

1. The Patriette

2. Karen at Life As I Know It: Just such a sweet, admirable person.

3. Katy at Poop, Paxil, and Pageantry: Just gotta see her answers

4. Val at Ruminations of the Ordinary: She's interesting and she says she has just rediscovered my blog...let's see if she lost it again or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home