An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year!

Well...it is going to be a dull one for me.

I had two friends coming over for fondue and cards, but one is pregnant and had an exhausting day.

Since two doesn't make for a real card game, we just postponed.

Not that I blame her, but I do wish I had known before I went out and bought cold cuts. I am a vegeterian, so it is a little harder to get rid of them.

Most of the rest of my friends are out of town, and I've actually had a migraine and a little nausea from my own pregnancy today, so I guess I'm just staying in.

I'm usually a big believer in making your own fun, but this is so last minute, I guess it is just not meant to be!

When I think about my last few New Year's Eves, it is kinda funny:

2005 - Dinner at the Yale Club in NYC
2004 - Fireworks and live music in the main plaza in Granada, Spain.
2003 - A jungle canopy ecolodge in Belize.
2002 - Flew out of Mexico City to attend a party at the Harvard Club
2001 - Party in a New York City dance club
2000 - Threw a party at DH's family's summer home out on the East End of Long Island

Oh, well, I guess the fun streak had to end sometime. Hopefully I can manage to stay up to watch the ball drop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home