An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Celebrity Addiction

When I'm not working, volunteering, hanging out with friends, or posting on a milspouse support board, I spend WAY too much time reading Overheard in NY and reading Celebrity Blogs.

I was NEVER into Celeb gossip before. I do not know what happened. Maybe it is nostalgia for NYC, maybe it is just that I'm spending more time on the computer. I do not know.

The reason I'm sharing this with you right now is this funny post on Dlisted about Perez Hilton. Basically, he has become "friends" with Paris Hilton, which some readers believe makes him less aggressive in posts about her.

This is the same access vs. objectivity argument that goes on with real journalism and politics, including with the whole "embedded reporter" controversy in Gulf War, part deux. That just cracks me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home